Eppalock Primary School has a strong program in place to support the individualised transition programs for students entering and leaving the school as well as those transitioning from one class to another.
KINDER TO PREP TRANSITION
At Eppalock Primary School we understand that a child's first year at school is an important one and the school works closely with local kindergartens and child care centres. It is a year when children are seen moving towards independence, developing self-esteem, making connections and building positive attitudes toward their schooling. The school provides a Transition Program that meets the needs of all children starting school for the first time. The Transition activities at Eppalock Primary School provide an opportunity for children about to start school to become familiar with their new school and school staff. Our Parent Information Evening provides parents with valuable information about the school and how to help your child be ready for starting school. If you intend enrolling your Prep child at Eppalock Primary School we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our Transition Program for new Preps.
The Transition Program:
· is designed to assist your child in becoming familiar with the Eppalock Primary School environment.
· provides reassurance to the child (and the parent) that our learning environment is safe and friendly.
· allows your child to make new friends.
· enables you to meet the caring and dedicated teachers who will provide the quality education your child deserves.
· gives you the opportunity to learn about the special programs we have developed to enable every child to succeed.
· provides us with the opportunity to discuss your child's special needs.
The prospective Prep Parent Information Evening at Eppalock Primary School is held in May each year. For an individual tour of the school & appointment, please contact the school at any time on 03 5439 6366.
PRIMARY TO SECONDARY COLLEGE TRANSITION
Moving from primary to secondary school can be an exciting and challenging time for young people and their parents. Eppalock Primary School works closely with all neighbouring Secondary Colleges (both state and independent) to ensure all students have a smooth transition into secondary school. Year 6 students are provided with a large range of experiences that support them in the transition to secondary college and a comprehensive transition program is provided on an individual basis to students.